Monday, October 24, 2011

more strange vintage beauty products/devices...

I PROMISE that I will be done with this topic soon. There is so much more that I want to talk about here, and since this is a new blog at this point it appears to be a blog on strangeness. It's not, I swear! Halloween is coming so this just seems to be the perfect time for this. I AM holding out on you, my lovelies. Stay tuned for the all-time scariest beauty "device" EVER!!!!


ok, more strangeness. Vibrator ads were all over the magazines in the early part of the last century.
...I had no idea, though, that vibrators could clear the complexion and make the hair glossy!


a device to correct your nose AND your ears together!


And as long as you are correcting your nose and ears you might as well correct those rounded shoulders AND support your stockings...  all at once!



The vacuum fat-sucker!


The Electric exerciser! Works the muscles AND curls the hair!


If you've had no luck with exercise and diet, no worries, you can simply wash that fat away...


Hair getting sparse? No problem! We have a device that will SUCK that hair right on out! 


and, along the same lines but for the skin- The "hydro-vacu! Apparently this device delivered a forceful jet of water( blasting out impurities, I assume), and then the vacuum component sucks up the resulting murky mess...


wrinkle tape...


and, last but not least.  The quaker bath cabinet. Apparently you were required to remove your head and place it on top of the cabinet. Design flaw?
















No comments:

Post a Comment